Tips to Prevent Your Home From Storm Damage
1. Keep trees trimmed
- Regularly trimming trees will prevent tree limbs from potentially damaging your roof during a storm with high winds or heavy rain.
2. Keep gutters clean
- Making sure your gutters are clear of debris year-round is essential to preventing major damage to your home.
- If gutters are full, water may not be able to flow away from your house causing water damage or mold.
3. Keep your sump pump in working order
- Checking on your sump pump regularly can prevent flooding during heavy rains.
4. Replace missing or damaged shingles
- During a storm with heavy rain, water will try hard to find a way into your home. In order to avoid the headache of a roof leak, check the integrity of your shingles.
5. Repair loose siding
- Just like shingles, loose or damaged siding can allow water to get into your home and potentially cause mold.
Following these basic home maintenance tips can help prevent damage from storms, however, things can still happen and if they do we are Here to Help.